Meow Monday – toxic Halloween candy to keep away from your pests and pictures of cute cats to start off your week!
I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween tomorrow!Please keep in mind that some of that yummy Halloween candy can be toxic for your pets!
Candy Corn – Candy made of pure sugar can cause severe gas and diarrhea.
Chocolate Covered Raisins – this is the WORST! Chocolate can cause severe vomiting, diarrhea and seizures. Raisins (and other grape products) can cause severe kidney failure. The combination is the ultimate nightmare.
Candy with Wrappers – pets don’t take the time to unwrap the candy before they sneak a bite. The wrappers can cause an obstruction in the intestines.
Bite-Sized Hard Candies – are a big choking hazard. They can get caught in your pets windpipe and cause choking.
Anything with Xylitol – the artificial sweetener is extremely dangerous for dogs. It causes low blood sugar and liver damage. Symptoms can appear as soon as 30 minutes after ingesting Xylitol – shaking, weakness, decreased appetite and seizures.
Get your Meow Monday merchandise:
click on photos to order