Let It Be Monday
Welcome to a new week, my friends! It’s Monday Funday and if you’re not all the way into it, here’s a few helpful tips to get into it: 11 Little Ways To Get Through This Monday.
We’re not going to talk about this whole weird dress color controversy. We can just let that one go, right? I hope this week holds good hair, hot coffee, easy emailing, and general good vibes. I’m settling into my new kitchen and have some delicious things in store for us. There’s a donut thing happening with cheese and mustard. We need to talk about that soon.
The Internet, for us:
• Leonard Nimoy: What I’ve Learned.
• The Elastic Brain. Can neuroscience expand the mind of a child past childhood?
• Scott Budnick, producer of the Hangover movies, is one of the most effective advocates for prison reform in California: Outside Man. Here’s a challenging article about what happens when we send teenagers to adult prisons for non-violent crimes: A Boy Among Men.
• George Harrison’s memorial tree in Griffith Park is destroyed by beetles. There’s got to be an emoji sequence for this kind of irony, right?
• Rage against the tyranny of sitting: The Standing Desk.
• Slot Machine Science. Put a Wheel of Fortune wheel on a slot machine and count me all the way in!
• Let’s imagine all the things we can do with Brie Cheese.
• New rule: no WebMD searches after 8pm and if we scroll through more than 3 pages we’re cut off because we’re officially freaking ourselves out. Also… Looking Up Symptoms Online? These Companies Are Tracking You. Nooooooooo.
I love you and Happy Monday!